One would have to live in a cave to say they have never heard of Oprah Winfrey. There are many faces that Oprah wears:
- Oprah the celebrated talk show host
- Oprah the book club queen
- Oprah the magazine maven
- Oprah the philanthropist for her work in Africa
- Oprah the actress
- Oprah the financial supporter of President Barrack Hussein Obama
One would also be remiss to think that Oprah doesn’t carry a considerable amount of clout and persuasion among her many, many faithful followers. And her followers are diversefied; they are the rich and the not so rich, black and white, female and male, and (unfortunately) Christian and non-Christian alike. So our first question is whether this would earn Oprah and her new age protégés the title of “cult”.
First and foremost, let’s examine the word ‘cult’ and its roots. The literal and traditional meaning of the word cult is derived from the Latin cultus, meaning “care” or “adoration.”
Now ask yourself how people act when Oprah is around, on television or any of the many special appearances she makes. And how about her showing up for Barack Obama’s gathering in South Carolina? CNN.com’s own headline reads: “Thanks to Oprah, Obama camp claims biggest crowd yet”. So ask yourself if Oprah has the power to cause people to care for her to excess or even adore her. One can only answer a resounding “yes”.
The Church of Oprah:
Along these very same lines there is the largest “church” in the world. On March 3, 2008 this same “church” had an attendance of over 300,000! Recent numbers indicate the attendance is well over 2 million! On March the 17th of 2008 these people conducted their first mass trance.
ETI YouTube(tm) Cult Video Series on Oprah
The Church of Oprah Exposed
Dont Drink The Kool-Aid: Oprah, Obama and The Occult
Some of their doctrine states:
- There is no sin.
- A slain Christ has no meaning.
- The journey to the cross should be the last useless journey.
- Do not make the pathetic error of ‘clinging to the old rugged cross’.
- The “Name of Jesus Christ”, as such, is but a symbol. It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray.
- God is in everything.
- The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself.
- The oneness of the Creator and the creation is your wholeness, your sanity, and your limitless power.
- The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it
teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need for salvation.
- The era of the Single Savior is over.
Only two words can describe their doctrine: blasphemy
This heretical church leaders name? None other than Oprah Winfrey who, years ago on public television, denied that Jesus Christ was the only way to heaven.
Just recently Oprah has endorsed a book titled “The Secret” which is no secret at all but simply the same old new age philosophy. The queen of television is now using her impressive book club to propagate the works of yet another enlightened person named Eckhart Tolley. Eckhart’s latest work, titled “A Course In Miracles” is being used to promote the Church of Oprah and her latest sidekick.
Remember this: if it’s new, it’s not true; if it’s true, it’s not new.
Our Eyes Are Open
Get the book “Don’t Drink The Koolaid” and help fight the power of this woman and her followers.
Your Internet search brought you to this page on our web site because one or more of the following keywords are contained in these search terms: oprah winfrey, new age religion, deny christ, antichrist, harpo, Eckhart Tolle, New Earth, awakening to your life’s purpose, mass trance